Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fun times

I typically start off my journal by writing:  "It's been awhile since I've written"  The same is true for this blog.  It's been awhile since I've posted anything.  But don't let that fool you, we have been busy and are doing well.  I will do a quick recap and then let the pictures tell the rest.

  •  Christmas:  I had every intention of writing about Christmas, but as you can see time kept marching on and then it seemed like it was old news.  But to Jacob, Christmas is not old news.  In fact, before going down for his nap today he had me read him his Curious George Christmas book.  Also, when we first started potty training him he brought us his little potty and said, "Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas", and then sat down and left a little present.  Thanks  :)  Anyhow, so back to Christmas.  We had a lot of fun, Jacob enjoyed opening his presents.  He loves cars and trucks and got a whole bunch of them.  It was a fun day.  I love that he is getting old enough to really enjoy it. 
  • Jacob is doing great.  He is talking a ton, and he says the funniest things.  I was with my friend and Jacob wanted to go swimming in a fountain he saw.  I told him he couldn't go in, because it was too cold, and so my friend told him, "In the summer you will have to come to my pool to swim."  To which Jacob just matter of factly and very politely replied, "Sorry, I can't swim."  It was too funny.   I had never heard him say he couldn't do anything.  Another thing he always says that makes me laugh, especially because it is completely out of context is: "Be careful, don't choke."  He gets his pronouns mixed up a bit.  He likes to use my bathroom to go potty.  So if he is dancing around I will ask him, "Do you want to use my potty, or your potty."  To which he will reply, "my potty" (meaning mine).  It is funny.  Or if he breaks something he will say, "he broke it"  rather than "I broke it". 
  • Jacob loves to laugh.  He is usually laughing when he wakes up from his naps.  He will just be saying a random word or sound and think it is so funny.  One day he was shouting "nut face" at the top of his lungs and then laughing hysterially about it.  He also loves his sandbox and can spend hours outside shoveling the sand and moving the wood chips around the yard. 
  •  Easter:  We had a very nice Easter weekend.  Jacob's birth mother came to visit, and she brought eggs filled with confetti and candy for a little egg hunt in the backyard.  It was really fun, and Jacob loved it.  I had fun watching Jacob dye Easter eggs.  He looked like a scientist dropping the eggs in the dye and then watching them turn colors.  He had a fun time that weekend eating tons of Easter candy and playing with the toys that were in his Easter basket.  He got Woody from Toy Story from his grandparents and loved pulling his string to make him talk and also taking his cowboy hat off and having Woody say, "Where's my hat?" 
  • April Fool's:  It was a successful day.  I tricked Rob and he didn't trick me.   ha ha ha.  I always like to just do one harmless but pesky prank.  On April Fools, while Rob was showering I moved his car out of the driveway and around the corner.   Then when he went out to get in his car to drive to work it wasn't there.  I was watching from the window, and I wish I had gotten a video of it.  It was great.  He looked around and was all confused.  Then he came inside and said his car wasn't there.  I was having a hard time keeping a straight face, and I needed to tell him April Fool's before he figured it out or else he would pretend he wasn't fooled.  So all I could get out was, "really, you're kidding me"  Before I shouted April Fool's.  He admitted I got him good.  It was fun.  :)
   That's my recap.  So life is good, I am happy it is spring time, and I am looking forward to a fun summer.  
We went on a Santa run.  That was a lot of fun.
 Christmas Eve
 Christmas morning
 
 Jacob loves to stack
 and stack
 He loves helping me in the kitchen.  This can make cooking a bit challenging at times :)  But we had fun making pizza together
 We go on runs together.  On this run, we ran to the donut shop and got a treat. 
 Jacob loves tortillas.  And until we finally moved the bread box and secured the kitchen chairs, at least twice a day I would hear him say "tortilla" and then hear him moving the chairs over to grab one.
 sandbox fun
Dying Easter eggs

 Easter with my little boy
 Cracking the eggs open. 
 I love this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by