Thursday, April 18, 2013

Our potential


Just a reminder that there is still a lot of good in the world

Every 6 months my church has a general conference broadcast where we listen via satellite TV to our leaders and messages they have prepared.  The latest one was about 2 weeks ago.  In one talk a story of a high school football star who befriended a girl that was being bullied was shared.  It was such a great story of love and kindness and how just one person can influence and change another person’s life.   I was so impressed with this story Carson Jones, and how he befriended and helped Chy Johson.   I learned from reading the ESPN news article about this, that Carson hadn’t even told his parents what he was doing and his mom only learned about it through a newspaper article she read after his kind actions went viral .  I have included the links to the general conference article where I first heard about this story and the article I read that was written by ESPN writer Rick Riely.  It was such a great story.  Reading this story a few times through I had various thoughts.  I can only imagine how Carson's mom felt after reading hearing what he had done.  As a mom, I hope Jacob will have the courage and inspiration to make good choices.  That he will choose to be kind and inclusive of others.  That he will use his influence for good without looking for praise or attention.  Carson is a hero in Chy's and her mother's eyes.  I hope I too can reach out to others and bless their lives the way Carson has, and I hope to teach my son to do the same.   Everyone is going through difficult times and fighting hard battles.  If we can remember our great potential in supporting and loving one another I think it will not only help those we love and help, but it will bless our lives as well.

I just wanted to share this story with you.  I hope it will inspire and uplift you as much as it did me. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by