Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mothers

-->
As Mother’s Day approaches I am once again reminded of the love and gratitude I feel for Jacob’s birth parents.  Without them, their love for Jacob, and desire to place him with us I would not be celebrating Mother’s Day with as much joy and enthusiasm as I currently do.   Jacob is so lucky to have the birth mother and birth father that he does.  I am sure Jacob’s birth mother will be thinking about him on Mother’s Day.  And we are thinking about her too on this special day.  I like this quote about the bond and connection between birth mothers and adoptive parents.  “He is mine in a way that he will never be hers, yet he is hers in a way that he will never be mine, and so together, we are motherhood.” ~Desha Wood

I love being a mom.  Being a parent and having a family to love and care for is one of the most fulfilling things I have ever been able to do.  Is it challenging and difficult as times?  Yes.  But is it worth it and wonderful?  YES!   I feel so blessed to be able to be a mom and am grateful for the love and sacrifice Jacob’s birth parents made for him so he could be with us.

Happy Mother’s Day to all of those who currently bless the lives of their own or others’ children and to all those who desire to someday have children call them “mom”. 

2 comments:

  1. Jana - that was beautiful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We love yall! Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your perspective on Jacob's birthmother. That was a lovely quote!

    much love to you this weekend and always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by