Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A poem I like


I read this poem on this blog shortly after we adopted Jacob, and I just loved it.  

Poem:
The ladies in my circle

Share their memories
About the pain of childbirth
I felt left out you see

But then we got a call that
A baby had been born
We rushed right out and got her
One sweet September morn

Now I’ve joined the ranks as
A mom with all my friends
But still they tell their stories
The details never end!

But I just sit and listen
With a smile on my face
When they all complain that
They still have extra weight

Do you think that I should tell them
When I get the chance
That right after I got my baby
I could still zip up my pants!?

Copyright © Jennifer Byerly

I remember when I took Jacob to visit Santa, and Santa was confused as to why I was so thin since I had a then 2 month old baby.  I smiled and told him we had been blessed with our son through adoption.  Our son's adoption will always be a part of our family story that we cherish and share with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by